Read Our Complete
2016-2017 Annual Report
Highlights of the past year include:
- The JRLC bill making it easier for struggling families participating in the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) to choose to marry passed with broad bi-partisan support.
- New Fact Sheets with county by county data highlighting economic instability were an effective tool in educating legislators and members about the reality of poverty in communities across the state.
- As part of a coalition, the JRLC helped expand the Working Family Credit to adults ages 21-25 without dependents.
- Almost 700 members from across the state attended our Day at the Hill at our beautiful renovated State Capitol.
- We visited over 30 Senate districts – a significant increase. And we look forward to visiting more!