Wednesdays4Kids June 10
The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children.
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer
iCAN Needs Your Support
Summer is a time to rest and recharge. With the legislative session over, iCAN has a chance to regroup and refuel. Now is a great time for individuals or congregations to make a financial gift and help us prepare for the coming unallotment process and the next legislative session and the all the challenges this brings.
On Monday we received a beautiful letter from Hopkins United Methodist Church which is closing its doors this month after 124 years of ministry. Included was a generous gift to iCAN...to ensure that that this congregation's work endures in the form of a strong faith-inspired advocacy for children.
Other recent iCAN Congregational Sponsors include:
- Adath Jeshurun Congregation, Minnetonka
- Calvary Lutheran Church, Golden Valley
- Chapel Hills United Church of Christ, Edina
- Faith Mennonite Church, Minneapolis
- Hopkins United Methodist Church
- Mount Zion Temple, St. Paul
- Plymouth Congregational Church, Minneapolis
- Prince of Peace Lutheran Church Women's Ministries, Burnsville
- St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church, Minneapolis
- St. Luke Presbyterian Church, Wayzata
- Union Congregational United Church of Christ, St. Louis Park
- United Church of Christ in New Brighton
- Valley Community Presbyterian Church, Golden Valley
- Women of Trinity Lutheran Church, Minneapolis
If you sign up to become a Key Advocate to advocate and raise awareness for children both in state government and within congregations, you will receive our new Key Advocate Resource Manual. To become a faith-based voice for children, go to our website's reply form.
Children’s Sabbath Coming in October
Do not forget to order your Children’s Sabbath manual. Children’s Sabbath is a great way to get children involved with worship and to bring children’s issues to the congregation’s attention. This years theme, “Create Change for Children Today: Bring Hope and a Better Tomorrow,” dovetails well with the work of the Legislative Commission to End Poverty which will continue its progress in the next legislative session. We are offering this FREE publication to faith communities around the state in partnership with Children’s Defense Fund – MN.